Friday, May 28, 2010

Week 2 Update

Sorry for the delay kiddos.... been a little crazy in the Fish pond. I've actually been working, while at work during the day & every night this week has been a ballgame, church or meeting. Actually, last night both boys had their games rained out (YEAH!!!!) & Jen got out of class much earlier than expected. Therefore, the 4 of us enjoyed a nice game of LIFE (Pirates of the Caribbean Edition). First time in a LOOOOOOONG time we've had a family fun night. It was nice!

Anyway.... I went in for my weekly check up on Tuesday & everything was fine. Several of the nurses, receptionists, etc. all commented on how much of a difference they could see. I've been hearing alot of those kind of comments. About how my face is thinner, legs look smaller, neck looks smaller, etc. Gotta admit... it's kinda nice. Not really doing this for anybody else other than me, Jen, Ty & Ian.... but it's a nice moral booster when you receive a positive comment of any kind.

As for the weight lost to date.... 39 pounds as of this morning, which is day 37. Just over a pound a day! I still don't understand how the HCG is working.... but sometimes you just go with the results & try not to get bogged down in the "how". I do know that I'm almost ready to put a new notch in the belt, 'cause it's just about "loose".

Here's the latest pics. Compare these to the 1st post & see if you can see the difference.





Everybody's been asking me how I can function on 500 calories a day. Well... I gotta tell ya.... I don't know how, but I am. I've not been hungry once during this whole process! I eat 100 grams of chicken & 100 grams of cabbage for lunch, an apple or strawberries for an afternoon snack, 100 grams of white fish & 100 grams of broccoli for supper, then an apple or grapefruit for an evening snack. On top of that, I drink 64 ounces of an organic cranberry / water mixture & at least 64 ounces of water. Again.... I don't get bogged down in the "how", I just follow the plan & watch the scales go down. :-)

Also... several friends & family members have asked me to go join them for lunch or dinner since I've been doing this. I have to decline because I have to weight my food before I cook it & it has to be all natural / organic. I know restaurants have fish, chicken & steamed broccoli... but they also have butters, oils, etc. that I'm not supposed to consume. So... if you're one of them who have asked or wanted, please understand that I'm not trying to be rude or unfriendly... I'm just trying to stick to the plan. Hopefully we'll have all the chances in the world to dine together come September or October.

This weekend is gonna be my first REAL test. It's Jen's family reunion down at the family farm & I'm BBQ'ing. Starting tonight around midnight or so, I'll start smoking a couple pork lions, 6-8 pork butts, beef brisket & whatever else shows up for me to cook. I made my rubs, sauce & marinade injections last night & only tasted twice & that was just off the end of a spoon. It's gonna be tough not to sample... but I'll count on some of Jen's cousins or other family to taste for me. There will be a few adult beverages put away this weekend too.... but I'll just have to enjoy my water & cranberry mix. Again.... it'll be TOUGH, but I will conquer. :-)

Lastly.... and this is on a completely different note... I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those great men & women who sacrificed their life so that I may freely write this little blog. Aside from all the idiots, lunatics, radicals, extremist & politicians who try to ruin this country... I think this is the be country on Earth. Freedom is a wonderful gift & this holiday weekend I don't want to take it for freedom. Make sure you do your part, too! Put flowers on a vets grave site, take the kids to a war memorial or just stop & thank God for what those fine young men & women did for us.



Till next time...
Fish

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sir, are a champ!! Keep up the great work. Sean

nancy said...

We are so proud of you! Keep it up!! Thank you again for all your hard work cooking for us this weekend and your sacrifice of not being able to eat what you were cooking......Everyone is very proud of you!