Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 3 Update

Okay, today is day 42. The scales showed a loss of 45 pounds this morning. That's still more than 1 pound a day. Still don't understand how it's working.... but it is! I dropped another belt notch yesterday (that's 4 notches so far!!!!), I'm wearing my size 46 shorts which I hadn't wore in 2 years (my 50's were tight when I started!!!!) & I'm wearing 2X shirts that I've had hid away for a couple years! I finally got to wear the UK2K shirt Jen's aunt bought me for Christmas but was WWWWAAAAYYYY too small. That was cool!

Yesterday Jen & I were talking about a trip I have coming up in a few weeks for an engineering society I'm involved with. I told her this will be the first time in a couple years that I don't have to buy new clothes to go. Usually the clothes I wore 6 months before are to tight to wear to the next meeting. It feels good to just be able to open the closet & have plenty of dress clothes. Since I haven't wore them in a couple years, it's like I'm getting new clothes anyway... but not having to spend any money for them!!! I'm also excited that I won't have to ask for a seat belt extension on the planes. I've had to do that the last 3 trips! :-(

I told you last time that we had Jen's family reunion coming up & I had to do all the cooking. Well.... I ended up cooking 10 pork butts, 4 pork loins & a beef brisket. I would love to have dove in, but I only had a sample of the pork butt & brisket... each of which were no bigger than your little fingernail. So I was pretty please with my will power on that! The thing that I really was ECSTATIC about was that even though there was lots of beer & wine.... which I was offered on more than one occasion... I stuck to my cranberry juice & water. Will power - 2.... temptation - 0.

I talked to one of the nurses yesterday & it looks like next Thursday I will stop the HCG injections & go into the maintenance phase for a while. Once I get done with my summer travels, vacations, etc., I will go back on the HCG injections for another 3 weeks. We're doing this so I won't have to travel with my injections, food scales, cranberry juice, etc. I'll explain the maintenance when I learn more about it next week.

Till next time....
Fish

No comments: