Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 1 Update

Okay... so when I last left you, I was weighing in at 341 lbs. & getting ready for my two "load" days. Let me tell you.... those two load days were quite an adventure!

The first day I started with my injection & then followed that with 3 eggs scrambled (with 1 cup shredded cheese) in 2 tbsp. of butter, 6 slices of thick cut bacon & 12 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream mixed into a glass of milk. CAN YOU SAY 1330 FAT CALORIES?! WOW!!!! The rest of the day involved a one pound block of cheese, a one pound summer sausage, a can of macadamia nuts, a can of heavy whipped cream (that was actually alot of fun to eat!!!), 2 burgers fried in butter & topped with 6 slices of bacon, several slices of cheddar cheese & half a tub of bleu cheese. Followed that up with a large can of king sized black olives covered in 1/2 cup of bleu cheese dressing. Then.... for dessert... I had a peanut butter milkshake with 12 tbsp of whipping cream, 2/3 cup of coconut milk & 1 cup of peanut butter. WHEW!!! If you're tired of reading, just imagined how I felt trying to eat all that! Once I finally laid down, I had consumed over 8300 fat calories for the day. 8300!!! In case your wondering, I was completely miserable! Ended up sleeping in the recliner, because I couldn't lay on my stomach it was so full & couldn't sleep on my back cause I couldn't breathe. Overall... not a fun day!

The second day was not nearly the success of day one. I won't go into all the details (I know... you're all saying "thank goodness"!!!!), but I was only able to consume just over 5100 fat calories. Kind of disappointing, huh?!

Anyway.... day 3 I slept till 11:00 AM & things seemed good. The doctor told me I would probably be grouchy on this day, but according to my wife & neighbors.... I wasn't grouchy, but I was a smart a$$. I gotta admit.... there were a couple things that just shot right out of my mouth without me knowing what I was saying. It was actually kinda funny.

Day 4 & 5 went off without a hitch, considering I could only eat 500 calories for the day. Sounds bad, but it really wasn't. I've not been hungry, yet.

This leads us to day 6. Today.

I had my first "weigh-in" at noon & although I had gained 10 pounds during the load days... I was down to 338 lbs. That makes it a grand total of 27 lbs to date. Considering I started the detox 27 days ago.... that's 1 pound a day. If I keep that pace up... which they tell me is possible... I should be down to 275 when it's all said & done. Stay tuned to see if I can make it.

Lastly... I thought I would let you know that Jen says I have completely stopped snoring during the last 3 weeks. Also, when they checked my blood pressure today it was 125/81. I don't think my top number has been below 130 in the last 15 years. So... no more snoring, already lowered the blood pressure, sleeping much better & almost ready to go down another belt notch. Not bad for less than a month's worth of work, huh?! :-)

Till next time...
Fish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Monte Go!
We all are your friends for many & different reasons.
Keep it up!