Saturday, July 17, 2010

Maintenance Update

Ok. I know I'm a slacker. I apologize for that. I've intended to do an update for a couple weeks now, but needless to say.... I didn't. Sorry for the delay!

Anyway... things are going really good! The last time I updated y'all, it was day one of the maintenance phase & I was at 53 pounds. Well, just over a month later & I'm down another 7 pounds for a grand total of 60 pounds. YEAH! I've been really shocked that I lost through the maintenance phase, but I've continued to eat good & haven't gone hungry. I think it's juts the fact that I'm eating healthy for once in my life!

I've been eating fruits, nuts, vegetables & lean meats. Throw in some skim milk & other low-fat / fat-free dairy items & that's pretty well been my daily menu. No sugars, no starches & no nitrates/nitrites. It's really been pretty easy to follow. I was gone for a week at the end of June & was really afraid that eating out every meal would cause problems... but it didn't. I just tried to be smart with what I ordered & didn't overeat. Things went really well. I've also had some adult beverages during the maintenance phase, but just like the food... in proportion.

So... all in all... things are going really good. We leave for vacation next weekend, so we'll see how things go with that. The weekend after we get back, I'm taking the boys to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Canton, OH. The following weekend we're going to NewSong Music Festival. If you don't know what that is, go here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvy3yBzrgMs&feature=player_embedded

Also, we had 30 friends or so over for the 4th of July & had a great time. I didn't get a picture of the whole group, but on the 5th... some of our friends all got together, swam, ate & enjoyed the day. Here's a pic.


Till next time...
Fish

No comments: